Saturday, September 24, 2011

Autumn Chrysalis

So many friends and family members have been doing things for me. 

Every loving act, email, gift, joke, morsel, card, intention, flower and prayer has reached and enriched me. It is no longer 1 + 1 = 2 but 10 x 10 = 1000s. I not only feel uplifted but spiritually protected as if I am ensconced in a beautiful, etheric, diaphanous chrysalis woven of the very finest strands of white light in an exquisite pattern of holiness so sublime that words cannot describe it.


There is much to celebrate and for which to be grateful:

°       John looks after me in every way, accompanies me to all treatments, does almost all of the housework, makes meals, heats up gift meals, loves me awake and loves me to sleep. To see myself through the eyes of his love is a powerful gift.  “What have I ever done to deserve...?” (Kris Kristofferson)
°       My cigarette smoking (off and on since I was 16) could have resulted in lung cancer, a much worse situation. Instead I have limited-disease bladder cancer (a cancer also associated with smoking) which can be cured.
°       My disfigurement will be limited to the lengthening of my abdominal scar and a little stoma.
°       I have a beautiful autumn day like today: good rain for the flora followed by sun in time for the UW Badger football game.
°       I am down to only one pity party a day.
°       I have figured out how to take my as-needed meds effectively.
°       My lab results this week were great.
°       I only have to have one needle poke a week. 
°       I am increasing the profits of the manufacturer of Depends.
°       My dear son-in-law will be here with us in ten days.

© Jean DiMotto, 2011    Website: www.jeandimotto.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment